Monday, March 23, 2015

Bear With Patience



Oh mom, I miss how into all of the holidays you get! It's definitely good to see from the picture with the waffles with all of the chocolate candy around that the family's eating healthy! ;) The bad news is that with this lactose thing or whatever it is it's been getting worse and worse to the point now that I can't even eat chocolate! At least I'm not allergic to gluten though right? (at least I hope I'm not…)

Ok it's so weird seeing pictures of E home because first off she looks like the same happy go lucky E! and second it doesn't even feel like she ever left! That's definitely a little awkward timing where I left before she did and then she came home before me. It looks like she's super happy though so that's great! I'm sure she was an awesome missionary. I can't believe that you're in the top 5,000 for the brackets!!! haha that's so funny! Watch you'll end up winning the whole thing. Those would always make me so mad because the people who had no idea about what was going on would always be the ones that would kill me! I'm so glad that Utah's doing so well! We'll have to see how the big game against Duke works out... I'll pray for them ;)

This last Monday we flew up to Fairbanks and stayed there until Thursday morning. It was so much fun being able to see some of the people that I taught and got so close to while I was up there! The Gibbs that Elder McCusker and I taught are doing so great! It was so cool to see the long term complete transformation that the gospel has had in their life. I spent all of my time with good old Elder Jolley so it was a blast being able to catch up and be with him again. Fairbanks has the international world ice sculpturing competition that everyone from around the world comes to see so we got to volunteer at that. It was pretty impressive. I have some pictures but I'll have to send them to you next week. Definitely the highlight of the trip was when Elder Jolley and I went to go see Rick. If you remember Rick was the blind man that I was teaching the whole time while I was up there. In our lesson with him we were able to put him on date to be baptized for next month. He was the one that had a dream that he didn't get baptized while I was there but then I flew back up and baptized him. It was kind of cool to see, in a way that dream get fulfilled! He's the man :)
 
We had a really cool experience this last Friday! So all day long we had been trying and trying to contact people but absolutely no one was home or letting us in so it was super discouraging. It was about 4:00 and we had ran through all of our plans for the day. I was almost to the point where I was about to give up but I said a little prayer that some how I'd be given the strength to just make it through this day. Well we starting tracting on a street that we felt was right. Long story short on the one street we ended up finding a Part member family that no one knew was there who wants to be taught, and 2 others that we have return appointments with this coming week to teach! That night at dinner the members had a friend over that committed to start taking the lessons! Needless to say there were so many miracles. It really built my testimony that just when we think that we cant push on, when we think that we're all alone and are about to quit, that he'll always give us the strength to push on and keep going. 
27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

This week's going to be busy busy busy. Tonight we fly out with President and Sister Robinson to go to Juneau for exchanges then from there we're flying to Ketchikan and then on Thursday back up to anchorage. Then on Friday we drive down to Soldotna and I'm going to go visit Kenai, my place of birth! The Southeast is supposed to be so beautiful so I'll be sure to take a bunch of pics!

So the travels continue...

Love you guys!

P.s. tell Liz that I'm so proud of her for not wearing anything Immodest to the dance. She's a champ :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment