Monday, March 23, 2015

March Madness

Family Family

That's terrible the Vanuatu got nailed by that Cyclone. I feel so bad for them and for Kate. That's got to be hard leaving a place especially one where you've grown so close to all of the people only to have it hit by something that big. I'll pray for them and I'll pray for Kate! That has to be a mission president's worst nightmare having to worry about whether or not all of the missionaries are safe and where they are!
 
I heard about the Utes loss to Oregon the other day... what a bummer! But I'm excited to see how they do in the tournament! Not that I'm home sick on bit but I'm excited that this is the last March Maddness that I'm going to miss! WOHOO!
 
This week has been pretty A-Ok! Yep talking with people is always a riot. There are some real nuts out there. Sometimes I feel like Alaska has more than it's fair share... At the beginning of my mission I was terrified of all of them but now it's pretty comical! What I want to do is get an Ariel camera to get  sky view for when I walk through crowds at stores and places like that. It's like I'm Moses parting the Red Sea everyone does a huge loop around us which I guess makes it easier so that I can get to places a whole lot quicker! I got to go on an exchange with Elder Clark (I served with him for a transfer in Bethel) which was so great to be with him again! This week has been a little brisk so the temp's mostly been around -10. We did a lot of jog tracting where you jog from house to house just because if you stop moving around then you get cold! 

This Saturday we did a service for the Special Winter Olympics which was cold but really fun! I'm not sure if you've seen the movie the Ringer but if you have then it was actually exactly like that! It was so much fun being able to help out with all of the special needs people and they actually were really good. They totally could put me to shame on a pair of skis! 

Yesterday Elder Babb and I went up to Eagle River to go to Doug's baptism who was a guy that Elder Jensen and I taught last transfer when we were together. He's such a cool guy! I'll try and send you some pictures... 

Anyway tonight we fly out to Fairbanks to go on exchanges with some missionaries up there and then we're going to come back Thursday morning. I'm going to go with Elder Jolley for a few days in Fairbanks 3rd ward so it's going to be awesome to be able to go back and see all of the people I taught up there!

Well that's a little taste of what's been going on so I hope things are great in good old B-Town!


No comments:

Post a Comment