Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy V Day

Holy cow I think everyone needs to slow up on all of the babies! From the sounds of it just about everyone I know is either pregnant or just had a baby! By the time I get back I'm not going to know anyone anymore. Ben's playing deacon ball? Is he already 12? I swear he's not... I mean I know i'm a terrible sibling and don't know anyones birthday but I thought he was younger than that! I can't believe that it's time for the olympics already! I swear it was just this last summer that we were watching them! Crazy how fast time flies

A few weeks ago I was complaining to my companion about how bummed out I was about my first Alaskan winter since it had only gotten down into the negatives for about a week. Well right now its about -30 or -40 with the windchill. All last night I was doing the cool trick where the throw the pot of water up in the air and it just turns into ice for an hours because I thought it was so cool! Elder Nelson's only about 5'3 so i'm getting pretty worried about him getting blown away by the wind. Maybe I'll have to get a rope and tie us together to make sure that doesn't happen haha! 

As far as the work goes things in Bethel have been going amazing! Stella's still doing great and eating the gospel up just about as fast as we can feed it to her. Last week we met a man outside the store who was drunk and waiting for his bootlegger to bring him his shipment of alcohol. We went up and started talking to him and he told him how alcohol has completely taken over his life and is ruining his family and how he really needs help changing. He gave us his address and we set a time a few days later to come and see him. Going into our apt I didn't really have any expectations since things like this usually don't pan out well. We were able to get in and meet with him and I was completely shocked. He is such an amazing man and has such a desire to change. He's really searching for the truth and has read so many different translations of the Bible and the Book of Mormon! This is by far the best shape the area has been in in a long time so we're real excited about that! The only bad thing is that transfers are this week and I'm pretty sure my time here's done so I might have to miss out on seeing both of them progress towards baptism.... But I'm really excited to see where the Lord sends me next.


I love you guys so much! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment