Monday, January 20, 2014

Home At Last

Hey Family!

Haha thanks for sending me all of those pictures! Its good to see everything back home seems to being going alright. I loved those pics of Mason with Bella! Haha it looks like she's softened up to him a little bit but I'm sure it's still a battle for attention between them. I can't believe that you finally had a mouse in the house! With snowball roaming around all the time he always seem to take care of the problem but now you might have to look into getting another cat! Is snowball even alive? I don't think I even saw him before I left... I'm glad you and the kids get a nice long weekend! Going up to the Ice castles at midway will be sweet! I'd always heard about it and seen pictures but have never been there... you'll have to send me pictures! 

So after two weeks we finally made it back to Bethel! This last week has been a little crazy... I stayed up in Wasilla until Zone Conference which was Wednesday which was just fine and dandy until later that night when I found out that I had gotten food poisoning. I was laying on the floor of the bathroom all night at the mission home just doin what someone sick with food poisoning does! Thursday morning came and I felt a little bit better. Our flight back out to Bethel flew out at 10:30 so we went to the airport and got on the plane. When we were coming in to land a storm had rolled in and the fog was Reeally thick! We tried to land 2 or 3 times and then they just decided that they were going to fly us back to Anchorage and book us for another flight tomorrow morning at 6:30. So we went back to Anchorage for yet another full day. Well the next morning we woke up at 3:30 to go to the airport only to find out that our flight had been delayed until 11. We sat around in the airport for 5 hours and talked to people and such and then finally we were able to get on the plane and actually make it to Bethel! I can't tell you how good it feels to finally be back and get back to work. You think a nice 2 week vacation out of your area would be great but it's not really that way!
 
This weekend in Bethel was the kuskokwim 300 which is the 2nd largest dog sledding race in Alaska next to the iditarod. The whole town really gets into it so there was huge parties and events all week long! It was a lot of fun to see all of the dog teams take off but it doesnt really get your adrenaline flowing like a football or basketball game haha. My companion really is an awesome guy and I'm excited to be with him! I'm really excited to finally get to work and with the Lord's help see what we can do. I'm really hoping that before I leave that I can see the hot-tub in the church filled with the beautiful yellow water we have out here! haha!
 
That was pretty hard to hear about what happened to Jon. It's especially sad since I had been thinking a lot about him lately and had a letter that I had wrote him that I was going to go drop off to the post office today. He was such an awesome guy and my best friend for a long time. We had so many fun times growing up and he's someone I'll always remember. 

Well I hope everyone has an awesome long weekend!

Happy MLK Day!
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment