Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!!
 
Thanks for sending all of the pics! it looks like you guys had so much fun this week! Silver Lake looks so pretty so you'll have to take me up there next year so I can come and see it! I'm glad you were finally able to take Reggie out to get some exercise this week. But of course you can't take him out without something going wrong. But hey at least it wasn't too catastrophic! So since Ben is going to be turning 12 this next August I sure hope that he's getting REALLY close to getting up on a slalom ski! Oh man I still remember what Dad would do with all of us... Some how he'd get us into the water to try and get up and then gave us two options. 1. stay in until you get up or 2. swim to shore. haha! Maybe you should try that one with Ben! Actually I haven't seen any pictures of Lizzy either and she's like 6 years overdue! Just wait till I get back we'll make sure that changes.
 
This week has gone by really quick and has been a lot of fun! Now a few weeks every transfer I get to go out into a few of the bush areas as well as a couple areas in Fairbanks and go on exchanges and try and help them out a little bit. This week we went to Delta Juntion which is an old really scattered Russian town about 150 miles out of Fairbanks so that was a lot of fun! For the 4th of July we went over to our Ward Mission Leaders daughters house and had a BBQ outside on the shore of the lake in their backyard. There were tons of people water skiing and tubing and all of that fun stuff. You're going to think I'm weird but I think that that's honestly what has been one of the hardest things for me on my mission. Not being able to go in water! Needless to say it was nothing short of torture to have to sit on the shore and watch it all haha! Last month had been the raniest June in history so all of the rivers were about to spill over the banks and flood the whole town. Then this week we got a huge heat flash and it was 93 yesterday! Since air conditioning doesn't exist in Alaska the nights have been miserable. I never thought that I'd have to deal with the heat when I was called here.
This last week we had a seminar with our new president, President Robinson. Him and his wife are so amazing. I was a little nervous coming into it but they're going to be great. So here's somethin new. I guess the church is coming out with a movie that's going to actually be playing in the theaters this Fall. Turns out that we're going to be able to take our investigators to the movies!! It was pretty funny when he announced it and all of the missionaries were going crazy haha. I never thought I'd hear a Mission President say "So here's the game plan, you're going to grab some investigators, take them to the movies, grab a big old bucket of popcorn and you're going to watch it!" I'm pretty excited it should be fun!
 
Well thats about it for around here!
 
have a good one!
 

-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment