Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Hello Hello Everyone!
Thanks for forwarding those emails from Mikey and Liza! I love reading emails from other missionaries just because you get to see the complete change they get to make in their lives as they grow closer to their Savior. I used to not understand why all missionaries are so weird when they get home... now I know! I got a good laugh from Mikey's email when he was talking about how he can't feel his hands! This week has been pretty eye opening weather wise... I always thought that I loved the cold (an I still do!) But this just might be a little too cold to love... This week the weather has been between -10 and 0 which doesn't sound too bad right? But then you get the rush of the wind screaming off of the tundra and with the windchill it drops down into the -30s and -40s. FREEZING!! When you walk outside and breathe in it feels like needles are getting shoved into your lungs. But I love every second of it :) Tracting is a whole lot of fun! We get to dress up like astronauts and walk around for a while. We have to use golf balls or hockey pucks to knock on the doors because its so cold that it'll split your knuckles! (thank you so much for the gloves mom!!!!) And its only November... haha!
This week truly has been so amazing! We've been able to see so many miracles as a result of working hard and enduring the long storm we were in these last few weeks. We were supposed to have a lesson with Robert (the one who just walked into church last week) but he was a no show so we were really bummed about that. But this last Friday when we were walking into an appointment he happened to be walking past the house and asked if he could come to the lesson with us. We both were pretty shocked but of course were more than happy to let him come! After the lesson we went back to the church with him and talked for a while. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he asked for sections to read (no one ever does that here). He told us that he was going to read it and find out if it is true and when he does that he wants to "Be baptized in your church" Crazy!! We also were about to have a few amazing lessons with the Brink family. Last night we were sharing a Thanksgiving message with them and decided to go around and share things we were thankful for. They started crying and told us how they were so thankful for us coming over and sharing the gospel with them. It's crazy how easy it is to grow to love the people! I really think that their whole family will be baptized here pretty soon. We just been so blessed with so many things! All of our investigators are coming around and we've been able to pick up so many potentials.Things really have been going so great. I've never had a time when things have just been going our way but i'm so thankful for it!
This time of year especially I am thankful for so many things. I'm especially thankful for the family that a loving Father in Heaven has so kindly blessed me with. I'm grateful for a mother who is so strong and such an amazing example to me yet so selfless and kind. She truly is the most Christ like person I know. All she does it go about her day serving others and her children and yet asks for nothing in return. It truly reminds me of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. How everything they do is for us. While other people are imperfect and may not always be there for us, our Father in Heaven is perfect and he is always there for us. He gives us that shoulder to cry and and is that rock that we can always rely on. All they ask is "If ye love me keep my commandments." If you really think about it... us keeping the commandments does not profit them anything yet it is the only thing they ask. The commandments are there to bless and to guide us back to their presence. This Thanksgiving season please show your love for your Savior and Heavenly Father by doing just that, striving just a little bit harder to keep him commandments and to "thank the Lord thy God in all things"
I'm so grateful for all of you and everything you mean and do for me! Have an amazing Thanksgiving!!
Love you guys!!!
-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment