Monday, September 2, 2013

Doggie Biscuits


Hello Hello Hello!! :) How's everyones week been?? Gosh when I heard that you guys went up to Park City I got so jealous! That's seriously one of my favorite places to go in the world! Did you guys stay at the Mountain Side Marriot as usual? Out of the group of missionaries that I was supposed to come up here with 2/4 sisters have already gone home. Can you believe that? So i'm pretty sure that the Utes started their season this week and I haven't gotten anything from you guys about it! I need schedules, scores, and all that stuff!!! Sarah told me we only beat Utah State by 4 so I hope this year's not going to be a bust like last year. 

Well this week has been pretty weird... It been the first time that i've realized just how cut off from the world I am! Everyone's talking about new movies, TV shows, and music and it's just been throwing me off! Its kinda funny cause when you're on your mission you expect that everything back home just kinda stands still and doesn't change! Things lately haven't been too productive. We had transfers this week and found out that my companion and i are staying in Kenai for at least another transfer. This last transfer has had its ups and downs but it has been alright.  But the Lord knows whats best for all of us and what will make us better missionaries so i'm excited for this next transfer and that I get to stay here in Kenai! I can't believe that it's already been two months! This week was just full of a ton of service. Now that it's supposed to snow here in a little bit everyone has been going crazy trying to run around and cut enough firewood to last them the whole winter and keep them warm! Most of the people in my area don't have gas that runs to their house so they rely pretty heavily on the wood to get them through. So really we've just been cutting down trees and splitting wood the whole week! We went as a district and worked at this flower farm for about 5 hours digging holes and man... I have so much more respect for farmers now! I was completely beat and SO sore after that! But it has been good to get out and do some work outside since we don't really get to exercise a whole lot! The average weight gain in this mission is 50 pounds. If I get home and i'm over 170 I want every single one of you to just walk up and slap me. But don't worry that's definitely not going to happen!!!! haha

This week we've been working with the Miller family which has been really humbling! Sister Miller is a single mom (about 30?) with 2 little kids. She's had a really rough time lately and has barely been making it by. They live in a single wide trailer and have four dogs that never go outside... I'm sure you can see where i'm going with this! So the dogs of course aren't really potty trained so it smells like a cranny in there. No actually worse than a cranny. My comp and I had to go buy some vasaline to put under our noses before we go in... it's really sad though! She was talking with us about how hard it is to wake up every morning and not even haven anything to put in your kids lunch bags. That really hit home with me. All my life I really have been so blessed. I've had a clean house to go home to with a warm bed and food in the cupboards and pretty much anything extra that I wanted. The Miller family has something that I never really realized until dad died. Its that in those times where you're at the lowest of lows and you can't think that you can push any further you realize what's really important, your family. I'm so grateful for the family that I have and how close we've been able to grow because of everything we've been through. I can't believe its been 5 years... Man I miss that guy everyday.

So as I was saying before everyone up here has at least 2 HUGE dogs. I was getting pretty sick of having those stupid things chasing after me when we were trying to run up to the door so I decided that we should go to Walmart and buy a bunch of doggie treats to put in the car with us. Now every time we pull up to a house with a bunch of angry doggies we just roll down the window a little bit and throw the treat out and book it to the door! Haha so far its worked pretty well so I guess just like us the way to a dogs heart is through his stomach! 

Well that's pretty much it for this week so I hope everything's going good in the land down south! Thinkin about you guys all the time and miss ya like crazy!

God is great, the Book of Mormon is true, and people are crazy
-Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment